Instagram is a place where you can share photos with friends and family. If, however, you ever find yourself the target of harassing or trolling, the blocking feature can be a useful tool.
Instagram does not offer users any indication or notification regarding whether they've been blocked or unblocked.
Blocked users are prevented from messaging or following you and seeing your posts and stories. To block a user, you will need to go to their profile page, click on the three dots beside their name, then choose "Block."
In this way, you can end your conversation with the person whenever you choose. All you will need to do is unblock them by moving your mouse to the top of the screen.
Depending on the device you're using, the process to unblock people on Instagram can vary from desktop to mobile phone. Either way, they're easy to accomplish. Here's how to figure it out.
How to block someone on Instagram using a mobile device?
- Open Instagram on your iPhone or Android.
- Go to the profile of the individual you're looking to unblock, either by searching for their account, scrolling through your follower list, or tapping the name of an account that appears on your timeline.
- Tap the three dots at the uppermost right-hand corner of the browser's profile page.
- Select "Block" from the menu.
Here, you have blocked that person!
How to unblock someone on Instagram using a mobile device?
- Launch Instagram on your phone's home screen - here displayed an iPhone.
- From the homepage of your Instagram newsfeed, look for one of your profile icons. The icon that appears in the top right corner is like your profile image.
- At the top left, find the icon with three lines. Tap on the profile menu.
- In the bottom left corner of the context menu, you will locate the "Settings" icon.
- In the Settings menu, go to "Privacy" - the icon that looks like a lock.
- Under the "Connections" sub-menu, select "Blocked Accounts."
- To view the user you wish to unblock, go to "Blocked Accounts" at the bottom of the screen and tap. This will take you to the user's profile page.
- Tap on the "Unblock" button located at the bottom of the profile's bio screen.
- The menu displayed to set up an option to unblock users, if you agree, and then tap "Unblock." This page will allow you to again view your profile, follow theirs, send a message to them, and like your posts, regardless of their privacy settings.
How to block someone on Instagram using a desktop computer?
- Go to http://www.instagram.com.
- Ensure that you are logged into and signed in to your tenant account before accessing the property.
- Find out the account of the user you wish to block.
- Click in the drop-down box next to the user's Instagram username in the upper-right corner of the webpage.
- You'll be able to block the user by clicking "Block this user" from the menu that appears.
How to unblock someone on Instagram using a desktop computer?
- Go to www.instagram.com and sign in if necessary.
- Click on the Instagram user's handle in the search engine at the top of the screen, or click their page. That will take you directly to their Instagram page.
- Next to the name of the user you're following, click on the "Unblock" button to go back, or choose the reverse.