In the current era, it is most important to be updated with technology and trends. Likewise, today everybody is using YouTube and many of us are having our own YouTube channel on it. Can’t explain in numbers but, YouTube’s growth is outstanding and excellent. YouTube is a great platform where a person can share videos and movies with a vast audience around the whole world.
Basically, YouTube is owned by Google, a video-sharing platform where people can get monetary benefit by sharing videos that could trend. Opportunities to succeed and get popular can be utilized by creators, filmmakers, reviewers, vloggers, teachers, and many more among others to showcase their skills and knowledge around the world.
If you’re going to create a YouTube channel, then this article is totally meant for, and trust me it’d be really helpful. So without wasting a single minute let's understand the quickest method to create your YouTube channel.
What is a YouTube channel?
YouTube channel is where one can create videos and group videos and upload them. It also allows users to watch, like, dislike, and comment on the videos. People who have numerous viewers or a lot of likes on their videos can earn money by uploading the videos. People use YouTube accounts either for their personal use or for business use.
Types of YouTube channels:
- Personal channel: A personal YouTube channel is available to everyone who joins YouTube or is a user of YouTube. It basically acts as a homepage for the user’s account and a person can own more than one YouTube channel. This channel displays the account name, a personal description, the public videos the member uploads, and any user information the member enters.
How to create a personal channel:-
People can view videos on YouTube even without having an account. But you do require to have a YouTube channel to upload a channel, add comments or like, or make playlists. Let’s know how to create a personal YouTube channel-
i. Log in to Youtube.com with your google account.
ii. Try to do anything which would require you to have a channel, like uploading a video or commenting on a video.
iii. Now, you’ll be direct to create a channel, if you don’t have it that time.
iv. Now the information related to your channel would be displayed, like your account and image, all you need to do is to confirm the information is accurate, and then you can have your channel.
2. Business channel: Business channels are different from personal channels because these channels’ owners can be one or more than one. A YouTube user can create a new business channel using a brand account.
How to create a business channel on YouTube?
A person can control a Brand account with different names from his google account, and other people whom you want to, can get access and manage the channel. Let’s know how to create a new business channel.
i. Log in to YouTube account.
ii. Go to YouTube channel switcher page’.
iii. Click create a new channel to create a new business channel.
iv. Enter a brand account name in the space provided and then click.
How to create a YouTube channel in just 5 steps-
1. Go to YouTube and sign in-
Head over to YouTube.com and click on the ‘sign in’ option on the top right corner of the page:
Then log in with your Google account you’d like your channel to be associated with:
2. Go to your YouTube settings:
In the top right corner of the YouTube homepage, click on your profile icon and then click on the option ‘create a channel.’
3. Create your channel:
Now you’d see the option to either create a personal channel or a business channel with a business or other name. For example, here, if you’ll choose the ‘use custom name’ option, which is recommended for small businesses and brands.
4. Name and customize your channel:
Now you’ve to name your channel and customize it go to option ‘branding’. Now you can set your profile picture of your channel and you can also set the banner image.
5. Upload your video:
Now, when you’ve created your youtube account, you can upload the video and movies from your channel. You can mention caption to that videos. Tap on the option ‘upload video’.
How to create a YouTube account without having an account?
Creating a YouTube account without having a Gmail or Google account is not possible or only possible if you have an existing email account that is not Gmail, such as Hotmail, Yahoo Mail, or other email services. Let’s know how to create a YouTube account with an existing email account.
- Go to www.Youtube.com on your browser.
2. Click on the Sign in button at the top right corner of the webpage.
3. Click on the ‘create account’ link.
4. Enter your name, your existing email address, and your desired password.
5. You’ll receive a verification code to that email address for confirmation.
6. You need to copy the code and paste it over to the enter code screen.
7. Click on the verify button
8. Now your account is created successfully, you can sign into YouTube.
How to grow your YouTube channel:
How to get more views:
Each time a viewer intentionally originates the playing of a video on their gadgets and watches for at least 30 seconds, that counts as a view. That’s simple! Even if you play your own YouTube video, that will be counted as a view too.
If someone watches your video more than once, each screening will be calculated as a new view. Any views that take place with embedded YouTube videos or YouTube videos transmitted on any other sites will be counted.
Live views are calculated on YouTube too. YouTube analytics are revised every day or two, so if you’re not catching an instant reflection of your activity, review back later.
What doesn’t count as a view on YouTube?
YouTube algorithm is designed to disregard any plays that might look like they are computerized. It just wants to estimate the number of times a real human watched your video on purpose. So when the same viewer or bot refreshes a video again and again, or if the website auto-plays a video, these views are not counted towards your total view numbers.
Ways to get more viewers:-
- Ensure your YouTube basics are up to snuff:
a. There must be a constant graphic identity (your channel icon, Youtube channel art, etc.)
b. There must be a concluded and illuminating ‘about’ section (unless you’re a popular YouTube Star like ‘Mr. Beast’)
c. Up-to-date contact information (to reach the utmost viewer and future brand partners can get in touch)
2. Zero in on your specific niche (and your ideal audience):
You should be aware of the fact, of which viewers/ audience you’re making videos to. There are many YouTubers who make videos in a very specific way like “exercise for joy” and “exercise for courage,” no matter in what language they’re making the videos.
3. Do your research and improve your video’s search ranking
Before uploading your video, do some analysis that what people actually like to know or see, so that you can easily rank on the top of Youtube’s list. You can also create tutorials, inspirational, or entertaining videos.
4. Use metadata to get instructed after a popular video:
To trend your youtube videos, it would be suggested to use the most optimum word in the video’s topic and describe its overall category, and think of the words viewers/ audiences might use to search for that topic.
5. Multiply your views by forming playlists.
After doing a lot of things and hard work, so that your viewers can easily find your video, you should go and check it once again, and try to get the idea for the next video. Why new video? Because it the rule (even Netflix also follows) as soon as, the next begins.
Optimize your YouTube description
There is a vast crowd of youtube channel runners that exist on youtube and so it is necessary to make some differences so that people or viewers choose your video and channel other than that of others. To do this, you need optimization strategies.
In simple words, we all know that Youtube uses metadata- in video’s, titles, tags, and descriptions- to rank your videos correctly
To maximize the viewership, make sure your metadata is optimized. This includes title, description, and tags.
A Youtube video description should-
- Accurately define your video in one or two straightforward sentences.
- Represent your channel and link to your channel page.
- Influence viewers to subscribe (and comprise a subscribe link).
- Association to other episodes or related videos and playlists.
- Consistently describe your content accurately.
- Present keywords sooner, branding at the end.
- For series content, add the episode number to the back of the title.
- Revise video titles so they continue to grasp views.
- Create a set of formal tags for your channel that can be used to any video you publicize.
- Contain a mixture of both general and specific tags.
- Utilize adequate tags to comprehensively and accurately define the video.
- Revise catalog videos' tags when new search trends occur.
- Appropriately format tags to provide proper indexing of your video.
How to verify your YouTube channel?
You’re required to verify your YouTube channel to prove that you’re a real human and not some kind of bots who have created this channel for suspicious purposes. Several steps are involved in verifying your account.
- Log in to www.youtube.com
- Click on your channel icon on the top.
- Click the Gear icon
- Click the View Additional Features link.
- Click the Verify button
- Specify your country location, choose a verification method, and click Next.
- Enter your verification code and then submit
- Click Continue, you’re now verified!
Things you must know before making the video.
There are certain things a beginner should know before uploading or making any video and even while running it. They are:
Post consistency: it is vital that you set an objective for yourself and stick to it in terms of standard posting. You can cause consistency for a while and before you know it, it would have transitioned into practice.
Gear up: when it comes to audio a lot of YouTubers tend to ignore that aspect of the product. Paying attention to the nuances is what will make or break your final output.
Don’t be afraid to use the scissors: It is also important for you to set the right benchmarks for yourself in terms of quality. You can follow top YouTubers to find out what level of quality is acceptable at that level and strive to reach that with every video of yours.
Keep it simple: Do not worry about stuffing your video with a million elements when a handful could have done a much better job. Rather have a very simple setup and process so that the journey from the camera to your channel is smooth.
Benefits of YouTube channel
- You start educating your audience: One of the good reasons for business people to add video, posts, and a YouTube channel to their site is to offer their target audience more valuable content.
So, when people get a lot of good and required information that is solving their problems from your site. They will stay longer, this reduces the bounce rate, and also like to come back and visit your site more often, which increases ranking.
- Drive more traffic: The most important of everything is, youtube videos drive more traffic and your channel is ranked by watch time of the people. This on the other hand, actually paves two ways for the users to find you both on YouTube as well as on your site.
Another cool side effect of adding youtube videos will help grow your brand. Having a video of your service/Product someplace else helps in getting your brand out there in another location which starts to grow the level of awareness and expertise that you have.
- Increase familiarity level: As a user, we all would have noticed an organization or individual having a youtube channel with daily uploads of informative videos, which encourages the level of familiarity of the person and helps to build a community.
So, if you start a new Youtube channel and upload more valuable videos that educate about your services/products to your target audience. This will definitely help you to build a much more personal connection with people and let them get to know you and see how you act/react to certain situations.
- It’s another source of revenue: This is the most important reason to start a youtube channel in 2020, which acts as another source of revenue for your blog.
Whether through YouTube ads or through a video course on your website, that helps in creating more content or a product that gives you another income source which is always good.
- Build your email list on Youtube: This is another big benefit of having YouTube for business, as long as you provide valuable, engaging content to your audience it helps in building your email list.
There are some tricks like stopping a video temporarily for a viewer to enter their email address and subscribe to your list before they continue.
Hence, using this approach will make it easier for business people than ever to build your email list, whilst providing engaging video content your audience will love.
What is the difference between a YouTube channel and a YouTube video?
YouTube is a video hosting website and app where users can upload, view, and share videos. YouTube channels are collections of videos made by an individual or organization, while YouTube videos are individual videos. A channel is a collection of all the uploaded videos from that user or organization, while a single video is just one instance of content on that channel. For example, if John has a YouTube channel called "John's House," and he uploads a new video every day at 3pm EST, then his latest video would be number 3 in the list of all uploaded vi deos on his channel.
How do I download a video from YouTube?
If you want to watch a video on YouTube that you've downloaded from the site, first open the video in your browser. Then click on the three lines in the top left corner of the screen. From here, you can select "Save Link As" or "Download Video as MP4.
Make sure you're following us on twitter because I share tons of awesome resource.